Sunday, February 1, 2009

A new month....

Well, January is over. Hopefully only 2 more months of winter. It is the most beautiful day here today- in the 30's!!!!!!!!!! It is like summer time compares to what we have had for the last 30 days. We have had a brutal January - 40.7 inches of snow. We just missed a record for the month by 2 little inches....
Went to breakfast with my friend Kathy and my friend Kelly. Had a great Sunday morning, as usual. Lots of laughs, talking and of course the food. I couldn't have better friends. They own "The Spirit of Clay" ceramic studio in Mayfield Village, OH. If you are in the area, you should check it out.
I have photos here from inauguration day. After Obama was sworn in, I went to Lakeview Cemetery. I was not morning the new president - actually I was celebrating the change our country is about to go thru. I know it will be difficult, but hope and pray we will be a better people and place for it.
Back to the cemetery (hahaha) Lakeview is a beautiful, historic place. I think of it as an outdoor museum. There are the most wonderful statues here. I have photos of them from the fall. It was such a beautiful day here on Jan 20- I was off; it was snowing; so I took the cameras to the cemetery to see if I could find my favorite statues. I did and here are some nice photos. They look like they have on a fur hat and shawl....

No comments: