Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy place & doll clothes





I painted this light switch at my friends' pottery studio - Spirit of Clay, in Mayfield Village, OH. It is a paint your own pottery studio with all kinds of things to paint. I hung this up in my art room. It really is my happy place.
I am 99% done with the clothes for the doll class I am taking this weekend - what a struggle it was to complete these. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out - pants, shirt, vest and cape with hood. I crazy quilted the cape and used the fancy stitches on my machine on some of the seams. It looks ALOT better in person than in the photos. I still have to make the boots and the arm guards. My friend has some fabric for me to check out for boots, so I will wait on that - otherwise I have a leather jacket I am dying to cut up and will use that if not her fabric. Hope to have the doll done by Sunday evening, so maybe I can post it then.

2 comments:

Pam R said...

I can't wait to see the completed doll! I love that switch plate cover too.

Ellen aka Auntmoonie said...

Everyone deserves their own 'Happy Place'. I'm glad you found yours. oh, and I can't wait to see your doll from class.