Saturday, June 3, 2017

Oh WOW - it worked!

How cool! OK here goes - the photos on the prior post are my dollie i made in Feb this year. My friend and I went away for a few days - packed the card FULL of art supplies, and doll supplies and created for a few days - it was great. This doll pattern was in the last Art Doll Quarterly. Christine Shiveley-Benjamin is my FAVORITE cloth doll maker. I have taken a few of her classes and i am still in awe to see how she creates. This little doll is only 6 1/2" tall. The head is so tiny but was pretty cool when i finished. I have attached both my friend's and my dollies here- front and back. One of the photos in the prior post shows what I brought for us to use - fabrics, trims, hair, etc. I did use an antique hankie for her bustle in the back and antique buttons on her back and her waist. The hair is lamb purchased years ago from AFIC. The main fabric is upholstery fabric and the laces are vintage as well.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Marvelous! I love the trims and embellishments. I agree - Christine is a fabulous teacher!