Sunday, December 31, 2017

picture for my brother

my brother had asked me to make a picture of Mom & Dad for him - over a year ago. Well, the last 1 1/2 year was pretty difficult for us all. Dad had been pretty ill and living with my brother for a year. Then i moved him out here to assisted living and hospice. He had a great 3 months there and died in August. This is my 2 brothers and my 1st Christmas with just us. It was really nice. We did not have a Christmas last year. Dad was really bad at that time and we spent a couple weeks at hospital with him. So- this year i really wanted to make this for him. I have photos of the process. Again- this is from what i learned with Lynne Perella in the "type face"class i took with her. I started with a larger canvas this time - since the picture is 2 people and not just 1. Painted the canvas, added the napkins, then stencils, lots of layers. I gessoed the letters painted them then used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to stencil them. That is the way to go- man what a difference from paint- it is so clear and the stencils came out great. I glued on the letters and voila! I liked it and so did he. I am go glad i was able to do this for him. the letters are their initials - Donna and Rick.

No comments: