Thursday, March 5, 2009

dolls on exhibit (cont.)

These dolls will be on exhibit at the Sewing Expo at the end of this month, at the IX center in Cleveland. The doll club "High on Dolls" that I belong to, has a table to exhibit our dolls. The theme of the challenge was "A doll riding a ______". These 3 will be there., The fish is a Julie McCullough pattern, the elf in the nest is a Cyndi Mahlstadt pattern that I learned in the fall at MMM, and the snowman on the goose is a patter by that I had made for my mother's birthday. I got that pattern in Holmes county (Amish country) at the best store for patterns of all types, lots of wool, primative items, etc. Just a jam packed place of fun. I think it is Country Craft Cupboard.
I made the nest for the elf to ride in and gave it wheels. He is "Taking the kids for a ride". There are eggs in the nest with him. I am really happy with how it turned out. The fish is just plain fun, I LOVE the colors., This lives in my art room and hangs in the window.
Have been busy trying to make things for clubs and challenges. I am off for the next (5) GLORIOUS days! and hope to get things done. I am booked solid with fun things to do, artsy stuff and visiting. I will post again while I am off to show you what I was able to make.

No comments: