Saturday, April 10, 2010

What I've been up to part 1....






Well......................I finished my FIRST original doll tonight! I don't know what to call it - "dude with horns" will have to do for now. It took a long time but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. It is just what I had in my head - so pretty cool that it is "real" now. It is just muslin- painted over and over and over... I hate all the repetition -but it turned out nice. The detail is with an art marker. He is floppy which is cool - when you pick it up his arms and legs flop. I love a doll that has movement.
THEN - I finished my very own Hitty. I just think these little dolls are too cool. There is a great story behind them - check out the website: http://www.hitty.org and http://www.hitty.org/research/realhitty.html They are usually carved out of wood, some with cloth. They cost a fortune, even on ebay - but they sure are sweet. A friend of mine has a real one and it is lovely. This was a free pattern at the website above. I just have to make the clothes. I had to put pants on her, but she has socks and shoes painted on her as well. She too is made out of muslin and painted. I sure am happy with how she turned out too. Wow! 2 dolls just for ME for a change! I LOVE IT! Hope you enjoy....
Oh yeah - check out this site: http://clothclaydolls.ning.com It is wonderful and has tutorials, and tons of members with so much talent. I started the Gritty Jane doll, but still have to sculpt her face. Really a treat for the eyes and the imagination. I have so many projects going - I have Art ADD! hahaha..

No comments: