Saturday, July 17, 2010

funky little dolls





OK- back in January, I posted photos of little dolls Mickey made from the Cloth Paper Scissors book. We all decorated our doll and exchanged parts - they were now all mixed up and we went home with a doll that had something from each of the 8 girls. It was really fun. Well, these funky little dolls are a blast to make - I made one for an exchange, but did it in the prim style (from the Prims book by Stampintgon- awesome book) I loved her and decided to keep her for myself. She has an antique hankie for a skirt, antique lace on her arms, and red mohair on her head. I have a photo of the original one I did in January - with the button eyes, so you can see HOW DIFFERENTLY you can go with these. Too fun. She hangs in my cube at work. Then I have a photo of a doll we made at Guilded Lillies in Columbus. It is a couple years old, but one of my favorite dolls to date. It is a little wooden artist mannequin with fabric, a paper clay molded face and some fibers, all just glues on with fabric tack. Too simple and so very fun to make. This one has lived on my desk at work, to remind me why I have to work - so I can afford to create all this fun stuff......Oh and one more journal page continued from the last post.

1 comment:

Clothmatters said...

Thank you so much for being part of our CDA Blog Hops!

Connie