Saturday, August 23, 2014

Recent dolls

I just made this pink doll- she is the Fun Fairy by Jan Horrox. A friend gave me the pattern and the fabrics to make her. She is sweet - a little smaller than other dolls and I like that. I just love her. It was so nice to see her come together with each little bit added to her. I made Christine Shively shoes for her. I love a doll that moves when you pick it up- Her legs are floppy and so are her arms. I still have to do something for height on her head- a crown, hat, hair style with the ribbons - I am not sure yet. This one is just for me. Then - yes another Bad Girlz project - Somerset Studio Gallery- Summer 2014 edition had these great little dolls on the cover. The article was SO fun to see them made. So we ordered the supplies from Paper Whimsey to make them. The little wooden blank dolls, wings and I downloaded the faces from their site as well. I bought a rhinestone necklace from an antique store and cut it up for each of us to use as her crowns. I think they all turned out soo cool - I like mine but it needs more color. The skirt is just muslin that I stamped on. First we painted gesso on the dolls, then painted with acrylics and stamped on them and wrote on them. I used vintage glass glitter on the wings. Her belt/ribbon is sari fabric (i got the glitter & sari fabric at small studio. She is only about 6" tall - We had a great evening together working on these dollies.

No comments: